One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A progression of numbers with a constant ratio between each number and the one before (e.g., each subsequent number is increased by a factor of 3 in the progression 1, 3, 9, 27, 81)
- ‘Another way of obtaining this result is to differentiate both sides of the formula for the sum of a geometric progression.’
- ‘Any radius from the origin meets the spiral at distances which are in geometric progression.’
- ‘One of the worlds growing technological innovation is telecommunications, with its number of punters growing at a geometric progression.’
- ‘One knows what happens otherwise: a geometric progression of crime, which neither the courts and nor the prisons are able to cope with.’
- ‘The proportion of total expenditure that is devoted to food tends to decrease exactly in arithmetic progression as total expenditure increases in geometric progression.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.