One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See geometric isomer
- ‘If there are two different attachments on each side of the double bond then geometrical isomerism results.’
- ‘It was shown that in these ionized stereoisomers an effect due to geometrical isomerism appears in two different ways.’
- ‘Due to geometrical isomerism, two forms of polyethyne are produced: cis-polyethyne and trans-polyethyne.’
- ‘Most cases of geometric isomerism are a result of molecule rigidity which prevents rotation about a double bond.’
- ‘An interesting example of geometric isomerism caused by rings is found in sugars such as glucose, fructose, mannose and galactose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.