One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of two or more compounds which differ from each other in the arrangement of groups with respect to a double bond, ring, or other rigid structure.
- ‘CLA is a mixture of positional and geometric isomers of linoleic acid and has been reported to inhibit various chemical-induced cancers in rodent models.’
- ‘The enthalpy difference between the two geometrical isomers in the free enzyme appears to be higher than in the substrate-bound enzyme and in the low molecular weight model.’
- ‘It is now widely recognized that onjugated linoleic acid is not a single chemical entity but a mixture of positional and geometric isomers.’
- ‘He used the theory to predict the existence of geometric isomers, two forms of a compound that differ from each other only in the position of a single atom, ion, or group of atoms.’
- ‘The naming of geometrical isomers reflects the position of the atoms or groups on each of the carbon atoms in the double bond.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.