One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of science that deals with the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data relating to the earth's surface.
- ‘At last count, the intranet-based group encompassed 19 different communities, with discussion topics ranging from physics to geomatics.’
- ‘These data may be related to environmental, physical, geographical, social, or engineering phenomena; one key aspect of geomatics as opposed to the former term, surveying, is that geomatics spans many subject areas.’
- ‘He is a consultant in geomatics and environmental interpretation.’
- ‘He holds a bachelor's degree in geomatics and a master's degree from the Department of Geomatic Sciences at Laval University.’
- ‘Two reference station software packages provide scalable systems for surveying, mapping, and geomatics.’
1980s: from geography and informatics.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.