One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of science that deals with the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data relating to the earth's surface.
- ‘He holds a bachelor's degree in geomatics and a master's degree from the Department of Geomatic Sciences at Laval University.’
- ‘He is a consultant in geomatics and environmental interpretation.’
- ‘At last count, the intranet-based group encompassed 19 different communities, with discussion topics ranging from physics to geomatics.’
- ‘Two reference station software packages provide scalable systems for surveying, mapping, and geomatics.’
- ‘These data may be related to environmental, physical, geographical, social, or engineering phenomena; one key aspect of geomatics as opposed to the former term, surveying, is that geomatics spans many subject areas.’
1980s: from geography and informatics.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.