Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of geology concerned with the magnetic properties of the earth.
- ‘It was the beginning of the modern era of geomagnetism and geophysics.’
- ‘It was while considering the behaviour of the magnetic fields of the Sun and the Earth that be became interested in geomagnetism and palaeomagnetism.’
- ‘One wonders if the same will happen to other lines of research, such as attempts to replicate, extend, and understand the correlations between ESP and geomagnetism.’
- ‘Solar flares are known to emit low energy cosmic rays which disrupt geomagnetism one or two days later.’
- ‘He received the Adams Prize in 1928 for an essay on geomagnetism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.