The branch of geology concerned with the magnetic properties of the earth.
- ‘It was the beginning of the modern era of geomagnetism and geophysics.’
- ‘It was while considering the behaviour of the magnetic fields of the Sun and the Earth that be became interested in geomagnetism and palaeomagnetism.’
- ‘One wonders if the same will happen to other lines of research, such as attempts to replicate, extend, and understand the correlations between ESP and geomagnetism.’
- ‘Solar flares are known to emit low energy cosmic rays which disrupt geomagnetism one or two days later.’
- ‘He received the Adams Prize in 1928 for an essay on geomagnetism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.