One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of geology concerned with the magnetic properties of the earth.
- ‘It was while considering the behaviour of the magnetic fields of the Sun and the Earth that be became interested in geomagnetism and palaeomagnetism.’
- ‘It was the beginning of the modern era of geomagnetism and geophysics.’
- ‘One wonders if the same will happen to other lines of research, such as attempts to replicate, extend, and understand the correlations between ESP and geomagnetism.’
- ‘He received the Adams Prize in 1928 for an essay on geomagnetism.’
- ‘Solar flares are known to emit low energy cosmic rays which disrupt geomagnetism one or two days later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.