One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Computerized geographical information.‘the growing importance of geoinformation in planning, developing, and managing available natural resources’
- ‘There are practical results in the utilization of geo-information systems and standardization of software and hardware.’
- ‘In light of the European Union's expansion to the east, there is an increasing demand for geoinformation from this region to allow local and national businesses to make better informed decisions.’
- ‘The intention of elaborating the TeleMAPA system for distribution of geoinformation through cellular phones is to popularize the use of GIS to the mass community of non-professionals and casual users.’
- ‘The acquisition of geoinformation products and their use and application to the core sector of the economy was paramount.’
- ‘Both airborne and terrestrial laser scanning are now well established methods for the acquisition of precise and reliable 3 D geo-information.’
- ‘The value of geoinformation is apparent in everyday activities when delivered via location-specific online ads, in-car GPS, Web maps, friend-finder apps on cell phones, 911 emergency location services, etc.’
- ‘The program offers us the possibility to add geoinformation in a easy way.’
- ‘In the City of Vienna, Austria, three-dimensional geoinformation is being used for noise protection and city planning tasks and for managing the underground train system.’
- ‘EOMD is a programme aimed at strengthening the European and Canadian capacity to provide geoinformation services based mainly on Earth Observation data.’
- ‘A conference associated with the show, which focuses on land management, geoinformation, building and environmental products, begins Feb. 28’
- ‘The project seeks to contribute to the improvement of user-friendly infomobility services by combining technologies from the fields of satellite navigation, telecommunications and geo-information.’
- ‘To my feeling, this is the most exciting GNSS development of the past 15 years within the field of geodesy, surveying, and geoinformation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.