One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A land survey with corrections made to account for the curvature of the earth's surface.
- ‘Bache's Coastal Survey investigated tides, astronomy, magnetism, measurements of the Gulf Stream, and the use of telegraphy to determine longitude, in addition to geodetic surveys.’
- ‘Cassini also studied atmospheric refraction and conducted a geodetic survey.’
- ‘Consistency is maintained by the combination of highly accurate periodic geodetic surveys of the gauge position (usually on a pier) and frequent calibration of the gauge itself.’
- ‘He was commissioned by his government in the 1820s to conduct a geodetic survey of the region around the city of Göttingen in Hannover.’
- ‘Within these troops are the capabilities of geodetic survey, imagery acquisition and database development.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.