One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A land survey with corrections made to account for the curvature of the earth's surface.
- ‘He was commissioned by his government in the 1820s to conduct a geodetic survey of the region around the city of Göttingen in Hannover.’
- ‘Within these troops are the capabilities of geodetic survey, imagery acquisition and database development.’
- ‘Cassini also studied atmospheric refraction and conducted a geodetic survey.’
- ‘Consistency is maintained by the combination of highly accurate periodic geodetic surveys of the gauge position (usually on a pier) and frequent calibration of the gauge itself.’
- ‘Bache's Coastal Survey investigated tides, astronomy, magnetism, measurements of the Gulf Stream, and the use of telegraphy to determine longitude, in addition to geodetic surveys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.