One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dome constructed of short struts following geodesic lines and forming an open framework of triangles or polygons. The principles of its construction were described by Buckminster Fuller.
- ‘Set in the room's center was a geodesic dome constructed of Cirrillian steel, about four meters high and round.’
- ‘Buckminster Fuller invented the geodesic dome in the middle of the 20th century, and, although it never reached mainstream popularity, its influence is still felt today.’
- ‘The geodesic dome was based on complex mathematics and design principles, and at the same time a structure so uncomplicated that almost anyone could build one from materials at hand.’
- ‘Built in the 1970s to replace an even older South Pole base, the Amundsen-Scott Station consists of a large geodesic dome and several smaller outbuildings.’
- ‘The idea of a line of smaller, intersecting geodesic domes was arrived at late in the day, but it solved all the problems at once and made the project possible.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.