One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of geology concerned with the dating of rock formations and geological events.
- ‘Large-scale tectonic reconstructions depend on linked and reliable geochronology and palaeomagnetic data.’
- ‘Our geochronology has identified major early Ordovician magmatism within the Slishwood Division.’
- ‘The results of integrated field mapping and geochronology provide evidence for three major tectonothermal events.’
- ‘In view of the new geochronology, the Finnmarkian Orogeny cannot have played any part in the deformation of the Hellefjord Schist.’
- ‘The assignment of a particular suite of granites to one of these tectonic settings requires detailed knowledge of its structural setting, geochronology and chemistry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.