One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of geology concerned with the dating of rock formations and geological events.
- ‘Our geochronology has identified major early Ordovician magmatism within the Slishwood Division.’
- ‘In view of the new geochronology, the Finnmarkian Orogeny cannot have played any part in the deformation of the Hellefjord Schist.’
- ‘The assignment of a particular suite of granites to one of these tectonic settings requires detailed knowledge of its structural setting, geochronology and chemistry.’
- ‘The results of integrated field mapping and geochronology provide evidence for three major tectonothermal events.’
- ‘Large-scale tectonic reconstructions depend on linked and reliable geochronology and palaeomagnetic data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.