One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of geology concerned with the dating of rock formations and geological events.
- ‘Our geochronology has identified major early Ordovician magmatism within the Slishwood Division.’
- ‘Large-scale tectonic reconstructions depend on linked and reliable geochronology and palaeomagnetic data.’
- ‘The assignment of a particular suite of granites to one of these tectonic settings requires detailed knowledge of its structural setting, geochronology and chemistry.’
- ‘The results of integrated field mapping and geochronology provide evidence for three major tectonothermal events.’
- ‘In view of the new geochronology, the Finnmarkian Orogeny cannot have played any part in the deformation of the Hellefjord Schist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.