One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On their debut release under the Stompy Jones headline these genuflectors of jumping Jazz swing through seventeen tunes, six of which are originals.’
- ‘As Hewitt and other genuflectors who are ushered routinely into the great man's presence insist, he is an intelligent, focused, purposeful leader.’
- ‘More than 1,000 pinners are expected to descend upon Mad River's densely forested slopes for this genuflectors gala.’
- ‘These worshippers of raw power and genuflectors before weapons of mass destruction play a pernicious role in transforming political problems into ‘security’ issues.’
- ‘I wonder at people who so casually regard and partake of the Eucharist, of those jaunty genuflectors who never make it even halfway to the floor but give a kind of bob.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.