One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See genre painting
- ‘Suppose it can be shown that Rockwell employed the pictorial strategies also found in the Dutch genre painters of the seventeenth century?’
- ‘Whereas the other genre painters who put more women in their work typically paint more children as well - more than twice as many as the European average - Vermeer has no children whatsoever in his interiors.’
- ‘Boilly established his reputation as a talented portraitist and genre painter at the Paris exhibitions from 1789 to 1824.’
- ‘The moralising message that so typically underlies Dutch genre painters' realistic portrayal of everyday life is now completely eradicated.’
- ‘Moreover, the genre painter, like the painter of still lifes, makes no judgments: he is interested, above all, in the objective contemplation of representative everyday life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.