One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See genre painting
- ‘Boilly established his reputation as a talented portraitist and genre painter at the Paris exhibitions from 1789 to 1824.’
- ‘The moralising message that so typically underlies Dutch genre painters' realistic portrayal of everyday life is now completely eradicated.’
- ‘Moreover, the genre painter, like the painter of still lifes, makes no judgments: he is interested, above all, in the objective contemplation of representative everyday life.’
- ‘Whereas the other genre painters who put more women in their work typically paint more children as well - more than twice as many as the European average - Vermeer has no children whatsoever in his interiors.’
- ‘Suppose it can be shown that Rockwell employed the pictorial strategies also found in the Dutch genre painters of the seventeenth century?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.