One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of molecular biology concerned with the structure, function, evolution, and mapping of genomes.
- ‘Our analysis shows the potential of evolutionary analysis for functional genomics.’
- ‘Despite the remarkable similarities among the genomes of various organisms, genomics also informs our notion of genetic variation.’
- ‘Despite a steady stream of scientific discoveries, as well as progress in genomics and biotechnology, global health is in disarray today.’
- ‘In the postgenomic era, the revolution in bioinformatics deals with the problem of structural genomics.’
- ‘Rapid advances in genomics and proteomics and stem cell research will also make the in utero treatment of some genetic conditions possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.