One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A record of the entire genome of an organism, consisting of correctly ordered gene maps.
- ‘This has resulted in very rapid progress of the canine marker genome map, which has facilitated identification of genes responsible for hereditary diseases.’
- ‘In the years since, the human genome map has been finished and the gene estimate has been revised downward still further, to fewer than 25,000.’
- ‘We confirmed colinearity between the millet and maize genomes, predicted from rice and other cereal alignments, by placing 23 new RFLP markers and four genes from maize on the millet genome map.’
- ‘To understand the genetic basis of tame and aggressive behavior in the silver fox, it is first essential to have a genome map of the fox.’
- ‘Therefore development of genome maps may facilitate identification of genes influencing not only fur quality but also behavior traits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.