One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sponge cake with melted butter incorporated into the batter.‘the genoise au chocolat paired moist cake layers with a truffle-like filling’
- ‘The baked genoise can be stored in the freezer for 2 to 3 weeks if well wrapped in plastic wrap.’
- ‘The skewer will come out clean when the genoise is done.’
- ‘The recipe is from a Japanese dessert book, and it is made in a shape of a log of chestnut mousse covered with genoise, and coated with creme chantilly.’
- ‘It's also very important to sufficiently butter and flour the sides of the cake pan and put down a parchment paper lining on the bottom so that the genoise can be unmolded.’
- ‘He will teach you the basic French doughs such as puff pastry, pâte sable, sweet dough and pâte brisée, and sponges such as biscuits, genoises and dacquoise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.