One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to the genital and urinary organs.
- ‘We welcome the extra money for genito-urinary medicine services announced by the Government today but it's vital that it directly reaches these hard-pressed front-line services.’
- ‘It is also used as a genito-urinary antiseptic, increasing urine output and relieving cystitis.’
- ‘Testing is usually carried out at the genito-urinary medicine clinic of a local hospital, where sexually transmitted infections are diagnosed and treated.’
- ‘Stress, surgery, illness and genito-urinary infection will contribute to infertility.’
- ‘The latter group includes tissues lining the airways; the alimentary canal and its associated organs and glands; and the genito-urinary system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.