One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small growth occurring in the anal or genital areas, caused by a virus that is spread especially by sexual contact.
- ‘Some types of the virus can infect the female and male genital organs and the anal area, causing the visible symptoms of genital warts and flat white patches.’
- ‘Someone can contract herpes or genital warts simply through skin-to-skin contact with an infected area or sore.’
- ‘Students in the programs learn that condoms don't minimize the risk of getting HPV, the virus that can cause genital warts.’
- ‘A grantee also is studying how the viruses that cause genital warts may affect the developing placenta and contribute to miscarriages.’
- ‘Avoiding genital-to-genital contact may not be enough to stop the spread of genital warts, according to a recent report.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.