One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small growth occurring in the anal or genital areas, caused by a virus that is spread especially by sexual contact.
- ‘Avoiding genital-to-genital contact may not be enough to stop the spread of genital warts, according to a recent report.’
- ‘Some types of the virus can infect the female and male genital organs and the anal area, causing the visible symptoms of genital warts and flat white patches.’
- ‘Someone can contract herpes or genital warts simply through skin-to-skin contact with an infected area or sore.’
- ‘A grantee also is studying how the viruses that cause genital warts may affect the developing placenta and contribute to miscarriages.’
- ‘Students in the programs learn that condoms don't minimize the risk of getting HPV, the virus that can cause genital warts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.