A disease characterized by blisters in the genital area, caused by a variety of the herpes simplex virus.
- ‘The virus that causes genital herpes can also produce a lesion on the cervix.’
- ‘Secondly, future vaccines against genital herpes may prevent disease but not infection, and adolescents may be a target group for vaccination.’
- ‘Lemon balm can treat and prevent cold sores and genital herpes, both of which are caused by the herpes virus.’
- ‘A study under way aims to determine whether an experimental vaccine is safe and effective in preventing genital herpes in young women.’
- ‘An effective way to estimate the future of HIV is to parallel it with genital herpes - another seemingly incurable virus with no incubation period.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.