One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease characterized by blisters in the genital area, caused by a variety of the herpes simplex virus.
- ‘The virus that causes genital herpes can also produce a lesion on the cervix.’
- ‘Secondly, future vaccines against genital herpes may prevent disease but not infection, and adolescents may be a target group for vaccination.’
- ‘Lemon balm can treat and prevent cold sores and genital herpes, both of which are caused by the herpes virus.’
- ‘An effective way to estimate the future of HIV is to parallel it with genital herpes - another seemingly incurable virus with no incubation period.’
- ‘A study under way aims to determine whether an experimental vaccine is safe and effective in preventing genital herpes in young women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.