Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease characterized by blisters in the genital area, caused by a variety of the herpes simplex virus.
- ‘Secondly, future vaccines against genital herpes may prevent disease but not infection, and adolescents may be a target group for vaccination.’
- ‘A study under way aims to determine whether an experimental vaccine is safe and effective in preventing genital herpes in young women.’
- ‘An effective way to estimate the future of HIV is to parallel it with genital herpes - another seemingly incurable virus with no incubation period.’
- ‘The virus that causes genital herpes can also produce a lesion on the cervix.’
- ‘Lemon balm can treat and prevent cold sores and genital herpes, both of which are caused by the herpes virus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.