One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to genes.‘a genic mutation’
- ‘The simplest case involving natural selection is genic selection in the absence of extinction and recolonization.’
- ‘More generally, there is a need to discriminate between the effects of chromosomal rearrangements and linked genic incompatibilities in both plants and animals.’
- ‘This, in turn, should help us identify selective forces that act within genes and thereby understand which genic features are of functional significance.’
- ‘Reproductive isolation is often caused by the disruption of genic interactions that evolve in geographically separate populations.’
- ‘Therefore, different grass lineages show lineage-specific patterns of local evolution in genic and intergenic sequences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.