One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of unfavorable genetic material in the genes of a population.
- ‘Simplistically, the heavier the genetic load the earlier the onset and the lower the threshold for environmental triggering.’
- ‘Using interval mapping to dissect genetic load, research showed a prevalence of semilethal rather than lethal factors in two conifers.’
- ‘In his first year, he worked on the genetic load of chronically irradiated populations of D. melanogaster.’
- ‘In a large out-breeding population, genetic load will be maximised but because of the out-breeding pattern, the number of reproductively detective offspring will be low.’
- ‘Once this mating type dominates a population, it is very unlikely to break down even when the population becomes small because of the high genetic load it implies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.