One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of Generation Y (born in the 1980s and 1990s)‘Generation Yers spend more time online than watching television’
- ‘His research into a more selfish society does not sit well with one Generation Yer who said technology is creating a new type of global community.’
- ‘Such campaigns are a matter of attracting Generation Yers—the athletic-shoe-buying, free-spending 13-to-24-year-old generation—and of appealing to their parents at the same time’
- ‘The average Generation Yer does not know the difference between a credit card and a debit card, according to a Bank of Scotland survey.’
- ‘Generation Yers don't expect to stay in a job, or even a career, for too long.’
- ‘By 2010, an estimated 63 million Generation Yers will have a driver's license.’
- ‘Many employees, Generation Yers in particular, are looking for more than a paycheque.’
- ‘Baby boomers are retiring, Generation Xers are opting out of long hours and Generation Yers are technology-savvy, looking for "give and take" workplaces.’
- ‘He is a buzzcut Generation Yer, whose chief amusement, when not channelling Obama on his laptop, is all-night videogaming.’
- ‘In the workplace, "we might see some unplanned absences go up, especially among Generation Yers and Millennials".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.