One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A store, typically in a small town, selling a wide variety of goods.
- ‘Riasat Ali, who runs a general store in the market, is angered by the plans.’
- ‘Tickets can be purchased from any firefighter, at Lowe's general store in the center of town, or at the supper.’
- ‘A third general store then opened up in Cleggs Lane in 1986.’
- ‘In their function, however, they're not unlike the general stores of frontier days.’
- ‘They visited the general store only once every. five weeks, meaning they made do with less.’
- ‘The village has only a general store with a post office combined where years ago there were at least four shops here.’
- ‘In an embarrassment of poor acting, Lil approaches David at the general store.’
- ‘The repair of the shutters on the old general store offered an additional learning opportunity.’
- ‘We bought ice cream at the general store from an authentic old person.’
- ‘Restless, she wandered through the main floor of the century-old building, originally Moorcroft's first general store.’
- ‘Visitors can work at a farm stand or get behind a soda fountain in the old general store.’
- ‘A few years ago, a woman in a small town in Texas put up the general store she owned for sale on eBay.’
- ‘In Huntington, a community of 2,500 people south of Burlington, the efficiency program has helped the owners of Beaudry's general store.’
- ‘In addition to operating a general store, he traded in land.’
- ‘Saturday began well, with the discovery of Swing's watch at a nearby general store.’
- ‘He eventually raised enough money to open a general store in Oneonta.’
- ‘Antiques occupies a former general store built by the town's founder.’
- ‘Later in the fall of the year, J. H. Roberts started a general store, being the last business established in the town.’
- ‘In 1947 at the age of 17, he began to work at a general store owned by Hugo Ludwig, a German national.’
- ‘They were sold at the local general store, or exchanged for merchandise or store credit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.