One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medical doctor who is trained to provide primary health care to patients of either sex and any age.
- ‘Patients in local hospitals owned by local communities are treated by general practitioners.’
- ‘The treatment can be delivered by suitably trained practice nurses or general practitioners.’
- ‘Obstetric care by general practitioners is a declining service in Canada.’
- ‘Patients expected their general practitioner to be aware of their diagnosis, which was often not the case.’
- ‘The nurses contacted a general practitioner only if there was a particular issue with a patient.’
- ‘About one third of general practitioners had treated refugees, but few staff had undergone training.’
- ‘Two patients chose to be treated by their general practitioner, giving too small a group to be included in the analysis.’
- ‘Five of the studies assessed the effect of continuing medical education on general practitioners.’
- ‘The nurse would direct the more serious cases to a general practitioner.’
- ‘We asked all general practitioners and practice nurses to attend all three sessions.’
- ‘Patients seen by a nurse were referred to a general practitioner when appropriate.’
- ‘This is true not only for general practitioners and nurses, but also for patients.’
- ‘This is usually done by either a gynaecologist, a general practitioner, or a nurse practitioner.’
- ‘Perth has numerous specialists in skin diagnosis to whom general practitioners could refer patients.’
- ‘One possibility for reducing costs would be to use a nurse practitioner instead of the general practitioner.’
- ‘Questionnaires are usually used and are completed by the patients and their general practitioners.’
- ‘None of the general practitioners personally showed patients how or when to use an auto-injector.’
- ‘Patients want their general practitioners to listen and take them seriously.’
- ‘The idea is for general practitioners to compare with patients a dummy medication with a real one.’
- ‘We compared the ability of general practitioners and practice nurses to interpret three of these methods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.