One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medical doctor who is trained to provide primary health care to patients of either sex and any age.
- ‘Five of the studies assessed the effect of continuing medical education on general practitioners.’
- ‘Patients in local hospitals owned by local communities are treated by general practitioners.’
- ‘The idea is for general practitioners to compare with patients a dummy medication with a real one.’
- ‘None of the general practitioners personally showed patients how or when to use an auto-injector.’
- ‘We asked all general practitioners and practice nurses to attend all three sessions.’
- ‘Two patients chose to be treated by their general practitioner, giving too small a group to be included in the analysis.’
- ‘The treatment can be delivered by suitably trained practice nurses or general practitioners.’
- ‘About one third of general practitioners had treated refugees, but few staff had undergone training.’
- ‘The nurse would direct the more serious cases to a general practitioner.’
- ‘Patients want their general practitioners to listen and take them seriously.’
- ‘This is true not only for general practitioners and nurses, but also for patients.’
- ‘One possibility for reducing costs would be to use a nurse practitioner instead of the general practitioner.’
- ‘The nurses contacted a general practitioner only if there was a particular issue with a patient.’
- ‘Questionnaires are usually used and are completed by the patients and their general practitioners.’
- ‘Patients expected their general practitioner to be aware of their diagnosis, which was often not the case.’
- ‘This is usually done by either a gynaecologist, a general practitioner, or a nurse practitioner.’
- ‘Patients seen by a nurse were referred to a general practitioner when appropriate.’
- ‘Obstetric care by general practitioners is a declining service in Canada.’
- ‘Perth has numerous specialists in skin diagnosis to whom general practitioners could refer patients.’
- ‘We compared the ability of general practitioners and practice nurses to interpret three of these methods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.