One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The main lawyer who gives legal advice to a company.
- ‘At FEMA, Brown rose from general counsel to deputy director within a year.’
- ‘Georgina Crawley joined the College Board in March 2004 as vice president and associate general counsel.’
- ‘"He has great experience in litigation, regulatory and administrative law and will be a great asset as general counsel."’
- ‘They never said they would accept the case, said Edward Marty, the court's general counsel.’
- ‘George Freeman, assistant general counsel for The New York Times Co, said an appeal would be filed immediately.’
- ‘William F. Sorin also resigned from his roles as senior general counsel and corporate secretary.’
- ‘He replaced the head of Citigroup's scandal-ridden investment banking unit with his own general counsel.’
- ‘Rogers joined the BJC staff in 1994 and five years later succeeded Brent Walker as general counsel.’
- ‘He used to be "The Post" general counsel.’
- ‘Bush's onetime lawyer, James R. Doty, a former SEC general counsel, certainly does.’
- ‘Now, Addington has been Cheney's general counsel.’
- ‘Stanley Brand, former general counsel to the House of Representatives joins me now.’
- ‘Based in Florida, Mr. Gary is general counsel to Jesse Jackson.’
- ‘He was now teaching at the Yale Law School after a stint as general counsel for IBM.’
- ‘Crowell had been general counsel to Louisiana Pacific Corporation, the largest individual buyer of timber off national forests.’
- ‘Booker was accompanied by his wife of 30 years, Carol, the general counsel of the U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors.’
- ‘From 1991 to 1995 he was Salem's executive vice president and general counsel.’
- ‘Fema says its general counsel approved the action.’
- ‘Franklin was the general counsel for the city from 1995 to 1997 during the term of Mayor John Delaney, who created the commission in 1996.’
- ‘He started working with the airline in 1979 as outside counsel, joining in 1986 as general counsel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.