One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The main lawyer who gives legal advice to a company.
- ‘Franklin was the general counsel for the city from 1995 to 1997 during the term of Mayor John Delaney, who created the commission in 1996.’
- ‘He started working with the airline in 1979 as outside counsel, joining in 1986 as general counsel.’
- ‘Booker was accompanied by his wife of 30 years, Carol, the general counsel of the U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors.’
- ‘At FEMA, Brown rose from general counsel to deputy director within a year.’
- ‘Stanley Brand, former general counsel to the House of Representatives joins me now.’
- ‘Rogers joined the BJC staff in 1994 and five years later succeeded Brent Walker as general counsel.’
- ‘Fema says its general counsel approved the action.’
- ‘He was now teaching at the Yale Law School after a stint as general counsel for IBM.’
- ‘He used to be "The Post" general counsel.’
- ‘Georgina Crawley joined the College Board in March 2004 as vice president and associate general counsel.’
- ‘Crowell had been general counsel to Louisiana Pacific Corporation, the largest individual buyer of timber off national forests.’
- ‘"He has great experience in litigation, regulatory and administrative law and will be a great asset as general counsel."’
- ‘Now, Addington has been Cheney's general counsel.’
- ‘Bush's onetime lawyer, James R. Doty, a former SEC general counsel, certainly does.’
- ‘They never said they would accept the case, said Edward Marty, the court's general counsel.’
- ‘George Freeman, assistant general counsel for The New York Times Co, said an appeal would be filed immediately.’
- ‘Based in Florida, Mr. Gary is general counsel to Jesse Jackson.’
- ‘From 1991 to 1995 he was Salem's executive vice president and general counsel.’
- ‘He replaced the head of Citigroup's scandal-ridden investment banking unit with his own general counsel.’
- ‘William F. Sorin also resigned from his roles as senior general counsel and corporate secretary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.