Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Anesthesia that affects the whole body and usually induces a loss of consciousness.‘he had the operation under general anesthesia’Compare with local anesthesia
- ‘These medications carry an increased risk of progression into deep sedation or general anesthesia.’
- ‘The patient is kept on the stretcher until after the anesthesia care provider induces general anesthesia.’
- ‘The anesthesia care provider may administer general anesthesia, epidural anesthesia, or a combination of both.’
- ‘The procedure can be performed under local or general anesthesia.’
- ‘In either case, it's done under brief general anesthesia.’
- ‘If receiving regional or general anesthesia, you'll be monitored closely after surgery until the anesthesia wears off.’
- ‘This research study examined whether general anesthesia combined with epidural anesthesia is better than general anesthesia alone.’
- ‘This usually is done using a procedure called suction curettage, under general anesthesia.’
- ‘A trabeculectomy is done in an operating room and requires local or general anesthesia.’
- ‘Rhinoplasty requires local or general anesthesia, depending on the complexity of the surgery and your surgeon's preferences.’
- ‘In this technique, the patient is placed supine on the operating table and general anesthesia is induced.’
- ‘If you've been given general anesthesia, you regain wakefulness in a recovery room.’
- ‘It is a surgical procedure requiring general anesthesia and the use of an operating room.’
- ‘The anesthesia care provider administers general anesthesia, and the patient is intubated.’
- ‘Other procedures may require general anesthesia, which affects your entire body and puts you in a temporary state of unconsciousness.’
- ‘After the lead is implanted and tested, the surgeon closes the incision and general anesthesia is induced for implantation of the pulse generator.’
- ‘After general anesthesia is induced, the anesthesia care provider inserts a nasogastric tube.’
- ‘Laser resection can be carried out under either local or general anesthesia with a flexible or rigid bronchoscope.’
- ‘There are no studies comparing general anesthesia to regional anesthesia in this group of patients.’
- ‘The anesthesia care provider induces general anesthesia and places the endotracheal tube.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.