One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The transplantation of normal genes into cells in place of missing or defective ones in order to correct genetic disorders.
- ‘It makes sense to use gene therapy to program stem cells to produce the exact growth factors needed for each purpose.’
- ‘Another possibility would be to do gene therapy to stem cells that are capable of becoming liver cells.’
- ‘Scientists hope that these unlucky fish will help them develop drug treatments and gene therapy for leukaemia.’
- ‘The reader is brought up to date on the status of gene therapy for platelet disorders in part VIII.’
- ‘The notion of gene therapy the ‘overpowering’ of a defective gene with a correct copy is beguilingly simple.’
- ‘Is gene therapy, the medical use of genes to repair an illness or injury, acceptable for Olympic athletes?’
- ‘New cell selection strategies look likely to improve the success of gene therapy for blood disorders.’
- ‘The biggest benefits for health and longevity will come from cell therapy and gene therapy.’
- ‘No treatments for these disorders now exist although gene therapy may be a future possibility.’
- ‘At present, gene therapy is being contemplated for both genetic and acquired diseases.’
- ‘As lung damage is the major cause of illness and death in cystic fibrosis, initially, gene therapy is focusing on delivering genes to the lungs.’
- ‘The most logical approach to gene therapy is the correction of a single gene defect, which causes the disease phenotype.’
- ‘The major problems with gene therapy relate to the delivery of new genetic instructions to the appropriate body targets.’
- ‘In laboratory studies, this type of gene therapy has proved almost completely effective.’
- ‘Many people believe that gene therapy and genetic screening of embryos is dangerous.’
- ‘RNA is also taking a place in the areas of gene therapy and genetic engineering.’
- ‘In the near future gene therapy may allow genes important in healing to be delivered directly into a wound.’
- ‘In the long run, I fully expect gene therapy and antisense to fix what can be fixed at the genomic level.’
- ‘In the US, gene therapy is currently only being tested for the treatment of diseases that have no other cures.’
- ‘A US donor was finally located at the same time that gene therapy became available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.