One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural gender identities
A person's perception of having a particular gender, which may or may not correspond with their birth sex.‘he said that young children should be able to explore their gender identities’mass noun ‘state law means the college cannot discriminate on the basis of gender identity’
- ‘Gender identity will also be added to the protected categories under the state's hate crimes law.’
- ‘Facebook, which has 1.15 billion active monthly users around the world, also allows them to keep their gender identity private.’
- ‘States will be able to decide whether or not women of minority sexual orientations or gender identities will be able to receive the benefits of the grant.’
- ‘Schools across Massachusetts are facing new guidelines regarding students and gender identity.’
- ‘The collective embraces performers of various ethnicities, religious (or non-religious) backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities.’
- ‘I absolutely understand that many, many people don't understand sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and gender expression.’
- ‘He's gone back to say he was sorry to people in his life hurt by the gender identity issues.’
- ‘As Mike demonstrated, most people don't have any experience differentiating between gender identity and biological gender.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the pair's son and daughter are discovering their own gender identities.’
- ‘He struggled privately with gender identity early in his tour of duty, when gays couldn't openly serve in the military.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.