One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The discrepancy in opportunities, status, attitudes, etc., between men and women.
- ‘The gender gap grew wider when football was added to the equation.’
- ‘Though the gender gap in this sector has been reduced to some extent, contextualising the pedagogical system was of utmost importance.’
- ‘In the same time period, they ran 392 articles on the gender gap.’
- ‘There's quite a gender gap between the two candidates, isn't there?’
- ‘The results show the existence of a noteworthy gender gap.’
- ‘There is a gender gap in this country, and there's a difference in the way women vote and men vote.’
- ‘However, there was something of a gender gap in responses.’
- ‘Working off of that baseline, the gender gap may not be so remarkable.’
- ‘Is it because women share common interests or attitudes that there is a gender gap on support towards sovereignty?’
- ‘Could it be that the most salient divide in our politics is not the gender gap, the marriage gap, or the religion gap, but instead the happiness gap?’
- ‘The shrinking of the gender gap in income is ‘even more dramatic,’ he acknowledges.’
- ‘But like other gender stories, the gender gap also conceals important political differences between women.’
- ‘This continuing gender gap becomes a larger problem as more and more women are responsible for the economic viability of their families.’
- ‘In Spain, however, there was no gender gap with 25 per cent of men and 25 per cent of women admitting they craved chocolate.’
- ‘Because I am gay, my sexual proclivities are not hindered by a gender gap.’
- ‘So there's a big gender gap there in favor of men when it comes to Christmas spending this year.’
- ‘He talked at one point about perceived problems of gender or a purported gender gap.’
- ‘I've heard that knitting has crossed its traditional gender gap and now it's perfectly reasonable to see a guy working on a sweater while waiting for the bus.’
- ‘An emerging crop of young, talented female designers may change the gender gap in Indonesian fashion, traditionally dominated by men.’
- ‘Surprisingly, the gender gap in newspaper reading has little to do with working moms or the presence of children in the household.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.