One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounMedicine
See gender dysphoria
- ‘But the fact is that people have to be ‘diagnosed’ as gender dysphoric and then satisfy a panel.’
- ‘I made the decision to use this particular phrasing because, of the thirty-odd gender dysphoric individuals I've seen so far, this is how they've discussed their experiences.’
- ‘Now that I'm working more closely with gender dysphoric individuals - particularly transsexuals - I'm keen to read a little more widely.’
- ‘I believe it is because many people fail to understand the anguish and desperation that gender dysphoric people suffer and because they cannot identify with such a strange phenomenon that is so alien to their everyday experience.’
- ‘I was referred to the specialists and they diagnosed me as gender dysphoric.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.