Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electrical adaptor which allows two male or two female connectors to be connected to each other.
- ‘Could you give me a possible list of adapters, transformers, and gender changers that are generally used?’
- ‘It carries a wide variety of gender changers that are slimline in size; most are fully shielded.’
- ‘Use the ultra-thin gender changers for the most attractive and professional appearance!’
- ‘This adapter is both a female to female gender changer, and a null modem adapter.’
- ‘The female-to-female gender changer can be used to help make a longer extension to existing video cords.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.