One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who defies or challenges traditional notions of gender, especially with respect to dress or behavior.
- ‘Living as a combination man/woman performance artist and social comedian, even going so far as to teach a class for beginning gender benders, she is a titan of taking chances and making myth.’
- ‘If you guessed that they're all gender benders, you're absolutely correct.’
- ‘But he skips the clumsiness associated with one gender pretending to be the other, instead allowing his female-to-male gender bender to exploit her new role with certainty and calculation.’
- ‘It has shown us that there are people - gay, straight, trans, bi, gender bender, etc. - who do care for and love each other, and it showed us how a community can come together.’
- ‘Rather than being a viewpoint in support of homosexuality, it's more like an argument favoring an androgynous unisexuality that even most gender benders would find unreflective of their lives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.