One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The smooth, hard surface layer of polyester resin in a fiberglass structure.
- ‘Hull and deck construction begins with an outer layer of gelcoat that is robotically applied to a precisely controlled thickness.’
- ‘Get rid of the water as soon as possible (you can use rock salt if the water is frozen); it can damage gelcoat.’
- ‘Cracks in the gelcoat used to waterproof the packaging resulted in technical failure due to water short circuiting the power supply.’
- ‘The ensemble consists of fiber-reinforced plastic, cast epoxy and stainless steel painted with polyester gelcoat, and as installed measures 8 1/2 by 25 by 37 feet.’
- ‘If you decide to use a chemical stripper, be sure it is one formulated for fiberglass; regular strippers will attack the gelcoat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.