One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gelatin capsule containing liquid medication or other substance to be taken orally.
- ‘Supplements are ingested in the form of a capsule, powder, soft gel, or gelcap.’
- ‘It is available in gelcaps, but it's more practical to take in granular form.’
- ‘Capsules or gelcaps of undecylenic acid should not be opened and mixed with food or drink as the taste and odor is objectionable and it may also be irritating to mucous membranes.’
- ‘For years, we've swallowed their products, whether in pill, capsule, or gelcap, and what have they done for us?’
- ‘You can just buy those gelcaps, cut them open, and use the gooey stuff inside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.