One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The entire process is known as the gelatinisation of starch and is very important in cooking.’
- ‘The gelatinization temperature is a temperature at which starch is gelatinized and maximum viscosity is observed.’
- ‘The starch chains become swollen upon gelatinisation and can be attacked readily by hydrolytic enzymes, resulting in better digestibility of cooked starchy foods.’
- ‘By definition, gelatinization is a phenomena which takes place in the presence of heat and moisture.’
- ‘The calculation of the conductivity and the degree of starch gelatinization is outlined hereinafter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.