One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pen that uses a gel-based ink, combining the permanence of oil-based ballpoint ink and the smooth glide of water-based ink.
- ‘She had a friend draw over it with a gel pen to make it look like a fake tattoo.’
- ‘Keep things simple with beaded necklaces, fingernail polish, and message bracelets made with gel pens and rubber bands.’
- ‘Notes are written in a variety of gel pens and unobtrusively handed to their respective delegations by assigned note-passers.’
- ‘Two Christmases ago I bought a silver and a gold gel pen to accent and decorate mats for pictures with a Christmas theme.’
- ‘Try water colours, acrylic paints, pastels and coloured paper, coloured modelling clay, ordinary air-drying clay, origami paper, rubber printing stamps and gel pens.’
- ‘It was with this style that he took to drawing the innards of old televisions and computers with intricate detail, all in various colors of ball-point and gel pen.’
- ‘Now with a glitter pen, or gel pen, write ‘Happy Valentine's Day’ all around the candy canes, forming a line of repeated verse.’
- ‘So I grabbed the metallic roll gel pen and paper and wrote.’
- ‘‘I have started using those gel pens these days,’ he is quick to add.’
- ‘‘Um, nothing,’ I answer, and continue writing furiously with the orange sparkle gel pen I got from someone.’
- ‘We're making a note of that, using a pretty, glittery gel pen.’
- ‘She opened the bag and pulled out an undersized book and a purple gel pen.’
- ‘The walls of the tiny room were completely covered in writing; silver marker, gold marker, black permanent marker, spray paint, carvings with knives, paint, pencil, ball point pen, gel pen, etc.’
- ‘Neat, slender script filling two thirds of its pages, words written in blue Crayola crayon, then indigo gel pen, then smooth navy blue ink.’
- ‘I loved his desk because it was covered in gel pens and big markers, and there was a big cork board to pin your drawings on.’
- ‘However, I notice that nobody mentions that most gel pen ink seeps through the silky pages and often stains the facing page too.’
- ‘The writing was in pastel blue gel pen, with the glitter in it.’
- ‘She gave me a really cute kitty card, two multicolored gel pens, and a little journal just for me.’
- ‘The script was faint, in groovy gel pen colors, quite unsteady, address elements out of order and the stamp on the left.’
- ‘There was no way I was going to be able to write a long positive letter to the person whose name was scrawled in front of me in loopy pink gel pen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.