One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical herbaceous plant of the daisy family, with showy flowers that are typically orange or yellow.
Genus "Gazania", family "Compositae"
- ‘Many groundcovers can also be planted, including ice plant, gazania and capeweed.’
- ‘The greenhouses are now stuffed full with geranimus, surfinia petunias, fuchsias and gazanias.’
- ‘Daisies such as arcotis, erigerum, gazanias and osteospermums are terrific value, flowering for many months of summer.’
- ‘Groundcovers may include African daisy, trailing gazania or even large-leafed Algerian ivy.’
- ‘In amongst the shrubs and trees are many more delights both indigenous and exotic, in the form of plants such as Spanish bluebells and South African gazanias.’
Modern Latin, named after Theodore of Gaza (1398–1478), Greek scholar.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.