Equal civil and social rights for homosexuals compared with heterosexuals.
- ‘The legal recognition of same-sex marriage is a result of decades of work done by gay rights activists.’
- ‘Needless to say, gay rights activists and anyone with common sense was angry and said so.’
- ‘It attracted gay and lesbian couples, gay rights activists, families, and tourists.’
- ‘But they do differ clearly on a number of important issues, such as abortion, school vouchers and gay rights.’
- ‘For gay rights activists it isn't enough that you hint that you will vote against the amendment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.