Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Equal civil and social rights for homosexuals compared with heterosexuals.
- ‘The legal recognition of same-sex marriage is a result of decades of work done by gay rights activists.’
- ‘Needless to say, gay rights activists and anyone with common sense was angry and said so.’
- ‘It attracted gay and lesbian couples, gay rights activists, families, and tourists.’
- ‘But they do differ clearly on a number of important issues, such as abortion, school vouchers and gay rights.’
- ‘For gay rights activists it isn't enough that you hint that you will vote against the amendment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.