Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Equal civil and social rights for homosexuals compared with heterosexuals.
- ‘It attracted gay and lesbian couples, gay rights activists, families, and tourists.’
- ‘Needless to say, gay rights activists and anyone with common sense was angry and said so.’
- ‘The legal recognition of same-sex marriage is a result of decades of work done by gay rights activists.’
- ‘But they do differ clearly on a number of important issues, such as abortion, school vouchers and gay rights.’
- ‘For gay rights activists it isn't enough that you hint that you will vote against the amendment.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.