One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His audience can relate to gawkish tales of teenage fumbling, and his audience will grow.’
- ‘But its narrow shoulders and gawkish legs implied it was a boy of only twelve, perhaps thirteen at best.’
- ‘One fissure will ruin the labor of years, and one fissure may be produced by the slip of one gawkish moving man.’
- ‘The peace of her early childhood was shattered by the entirely predictable arrival of awkward and gawkish hormones.’
- ‘Even if he leaned down it would look gawkish and awkward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.