One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His audience can relate to gawkish tales of teenage fumbling, and his audience will grow.’
- ‘But its narrow shoulders and gawkish legs implied it was a boy of only twelve, perhaps thirteen at best.’
- ‘Even if he leaned down it would look gawkish and awkward.’
- ‘One fissure will ruin the labor of years, and one fissure may be produced by the slip of one gawkish moving man.’
- ‘The peace of her early childhood was shattered by the entirely predictable arrival of awkward and gawkish hormones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.