One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My adolescent hormones, gawkiness, acne, hair that refused to be tamed - all left me constantly on the verge of tears.’
- ‘The film captures an essential truth of adolescence, its simultaneous gawkiness and glory.’
- ‘They are magnificent, but they have a certain gawkiness about them.’
- ‘In the e-mail, I thought to myself, I would explicate my apparent teenage gawkiness from the previous day as the consequence of being mortifyingly embarrassed and hapless.’
- ‘He also had brown hair and a slightly endearing gawkiness to him - he hadn't quite grown into his very long limbs yet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.