One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quantum theory using mathematical functions to describe subatomic interactions in terms of particles that are not directly detectable.
- ‘In the perturbative expansion of a gauge theory, large numbers of Feynman amplitudes combine to produce mathematically simple expressions.’
- ‘A gauge theory would therefore also be a description of quantum gravity in a particular background space-time.’
- ‘This picture was improved upon by using a non-abelian gauge theory, Quantum Chromodynamics.’
- ‘The obvious thing to do was to try it out on the simplest gauge theory of all, electrodynamics - to break its symmetry to see what really happens.’
- ‘He produced the first gauge theory in which the Maxwell electromagnetic field and the gravitational field appear as geometrical properties of space-time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.