One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His dress borders on the flamboyant yet never digresses to gaudiness.’
- ‘The costumes were bright and colorful without the gaudiness sometimes associated with street theatre.’
- ‘It stood in sharp contrast to the gaudiness of the other temples we had visited.’
- ‘It is his signature, his philosophy and shtick, his declaration that love conquers all, a testament to the gaudiness and foreignness of romance.’
- ‘The plush red-velvet setting is just right for an evening that has an extravagant peacock gaudiness but no discernible heart or brain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.