One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His dress borders on the flamboyant yet never digresses to gaudiness.’
- ‘It is his signature, his philosophy and shtick, his declaration that love conquers all, a testament to the gaudiness and foreignness of romance.’
- ‘It stood in sharp contrast to the gaudiness of the other temples we had visited.’
- ‘The plush red-velvet setting is just right for an evening that has an extravagant peacock gaudiness but no discernible heart or brain.’
- ‘The costumes were bright and colorful without the gaudiness sometimes associated with street theatre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.