One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The gaucheness of her effusive praise for an embarrassed Duncan proves where the power in her relationship lies - and it is not with her.’
- ‘Surrounded by the gaucheness of punk, and possessing cheekbones you could hang coats on, the age factor added to her alluring image of mature sexuality.’
- ‘He captures the gaucheness, but he's just too enthusiastic for my liking.’
- ‘Adam is clearly a failed superhero: he has all the weirdo-kid and gaucheness of the generic superhero before the ‘change’ (think Clark Kent), but somehow is stuck in a pre-change world.’
- ‘When he retires at the age of 65, he is bereft, a man adrift, but he sweetly embraces his new life with all the gaucheness of a teenager on a gap year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.