One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit-flavored drink especially for athletes, designed to supply the body with carbohydrates and to replace fluids and sodium lost during exercise.
- ‘He should have grabbed a Gatorade at the cafeteria.’
- ‘On my way to the lunch tables I pulled a dollar out of my pocket and bought a Gatorade from one of the vending machines.’
- ‘Ideas come to him while he's studying tape, driving to work, eating dinner or watching a player drink from a Gatorade bucket after practice.’
- ‘After a few moments chilling in the sun, however, I recovered and promptly went to buy a Gatorade.’
- ‘They gave me some Gatorade and told me to keep liquids in my body at all times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.