One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We've already lined up squads of volunteer signature gatherers,’ she says mischievously.’
- ‘Legislation to curtail the development of these technologies and their use and abuse by intelligence gatherers would only succeed in pushing the activity further out of view.’
- ‘They were once masters of these forests - hunters and gatherers - who depended on the vegetation for their livelihood.’
- ‘For much of the 200,000 or so years prior to agriculture, humans lived as nomadic hunters, gatherers and scavengers - surviving solely on wild plants and animals.’
- ‘‘These people are actually paid and trained semi-professional evidence gatherers, and they are not police officers,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.