Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mollusk of the large class "Gastropoda", such as a snail, slug, or whelk.→ univalve
- ‘The major groups of drilling marine predators include octopods and gastropods.’
- ‘Included here are the gastropods, bivalves, cephalopods, and other lesser groups, as follows.’
- ‘Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.’
- ‘The beach sands are dominated by shells of bivalve mollusks, mainly venerids, gastropods, and echinoderms.’
- ‘During this period the gastropods, like the cephalopods, underwent a tremendous evolutionary radiation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.