One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the stomach and the intestines.
- ‘We now have no place to clean the endoscopes used by our large gastrointestinal endoscopy service.’
- ‘The only side effects were gastrointestinal, the major one being early vomiting.’
- ‘Results of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy were normal.’
- ‘It's no better at pain relief and no easier on the gastrointestinal mucosa than other drugs in its class, they say.’
- ‘No other lesions were recognized in the gastrointestinal tract or elsewhere in the body.’
- ‘Absorption of alcohol from the gastrointestinal tract is equally rapid among all age groups.’
- ‘The esophagus is now considered the site most often involved in the gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘Colonoscopy is the most accurate method of imaging the lower gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘He was admitted to a local hospital and underwent an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.’
- ‘A gastrointestinal nurse practitioner could do this screening.’
- ‘Secondly, mothers could have misreported respiratory infection and gastrointestinal disorders.’
- ‘Firstly, we controlled for antecedents of upper gastrointestinal disorders, including dyspepsia.’
- ‘Long-term use may increase your risk of gastrointestinal or urinary tract bleeding.’
- ‘A wide range of gastrointestinal disorders may cause chronic diarrhoea in childhood.’
- ‘Another quarter of cases are precipitated by haemorrhage in the gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘When you hold in gas, it migrates backward through your gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘In Italy and France, for example, blood donors are turned away if they have had a recent gastrointestinal endoscopy.’
- ‘The investigation of choice is endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘No trial specifically defined or reported serious adverse events such as gastrointestinal bleeding or renal impairment.’
- ‘Other sites of infection were the urinary tract, chest and gastrointestinal tract.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.