One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to the stomach and the colon.
stomach, intestinal, enteric, duodenal, coeliac, abdominal, ventralView synonyms
- ‘The gastrocolic and hepatogastric ligaments are seen in this section.’
- ‘Histology revealed that the gastrocolic fistula had originated from a peptic ulcer of the stomach, and no evidence of malignancy was found.’
- ‘It is uncommon in the gastrocolic ligament and in a cystic formation.’
- ‘This fusion effectively creates the gastrocolic ligament by connecting the stomach to the transverse colon.’
- ‘On the assumption that an exaggerated gastrocolic reflex is indeed the problem, you can address it in two ways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.