Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] Relating to the stomach and the colon.
stomach, intestinal, enteric, duodenal, coeliac, abdominal, ventralView synonyms
- ‘The gastrocolic and hepatogastric ligaments are seen in this section.’
- ‘Histology revealed that the gastrocolic fistula had originated from a peptic ulcer of the stomach, and no evidence of malignancy was found.’
- ‘It is uncommon in the gastrocolic ligament and in a cystic formation.’
- ‘On the assumption that an exaggerated gastrocolic reflex is indeed the problem, you can address it in two ways.’
- ‘This fusion effectively creates the gastrocolic ligament by connecting the stomach to the transverse colon.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.