Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the lining of the stomach.
- ‘When the bacteria do cause symptoms, they're usually either symptoms of gastritis or peptic ulcer disease.’
- ‘Endoscopy revealed retained food in the stomach but no evidence of pyloric stenosis, gastritis, or peptic ulcer.’
- ‘All 8 of these samples with pancreatic acinar cells were from patients with autoimmune gastritis.’
- ‘Some people get gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) or high blood pressure because of drinking too much alcohol.’
- ‘In some people, it can hurt the stomach lining, leading to gastritis and ulcers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.