Inflammation of the lining of the stomach.
- ‘Endoscopy revealed retained food in the stomach but no evidence of pyloric stenosis, gastritis, or peptic ulcer.’
- ‘Some people get gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) or high blood pressure because of drinking too much alcohol.’
- ‘In some people, it can hurt the stomach lining, leading to gastritis and ulcers.’
- ‘All 8 of these samples with pancreatic acinar cells were from patients with autoimmune gastritis.’
- ‘When the bacteria do cause symptoms, they're usually either symptoms of gastritis or peptic ulcer disease.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.