One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of a part or the whole of the stomach.
- ‘This is called a partial gastrectomy, as part of the stomach has to be removed as well.’
- ‘Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.’
- ‘Subsequently, the patient underwent emergency laparotomy with partial gastrectomy.’
- ‘These factors include hypogonadism, alcoholism, chronic steroid use, previous gastrectomy, chronic lung disease, pernicious anemia and disorders of movement and balance that increase the risk of immobility.’
- ‘He applied the principles of partial gastrectomy to women who were obese and found that they lost weight.’
- ‘Treatment is a total gastrectomy and removal of the islet tumor.’
- ‘At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.’
- ‘Partial or total gastrectomy was performed in all patients, except in patient 6, who underwent removal of a submucosal nodule covered by apparently normal mucosa.’
- ‘Surprisingly, one study 20 showed that even in patients who had undergone gastrectomy, vitamin [B.sub.12] deficiency could be easily reversed with oral supplementation.’
- ‘Distribution of surgery was partial gastrectomy, total gastrectomy, and pancreatic resection.’
- ‘A total gastrectomy was performed and was submitted to pathologic examination.’
- ‘Inadequate absorption of vitamin B12 occurs in 10 to 30 percent of patients who have had a partial gastrectomy.’
- ‘The patient's symptoms continued, and approximately 1 month later, a therapeutic gastrectomy was performed.’
- ‘For distal-third gastric cancer, patients may be able to undergo subtotal gastrectomy if biopsy reveals ‘intestinal-type’ adenocarcinoma.’
- ‘Surgical procedures such as wide local excision, partial gastrectomy, total gastrectomy, or gastrointestinal bypass also are performed with palliative intent, to allow oral intake of food and alleviate pain.’
- ‘One week later, he had a new onset of gastrointestinal bleeding and underwent a near-total gastrectomy and cholecystectomy.’
- ‘I know this because I found this here helpful page on gastrectomy.’
- ‘Examination of the gastrectomy specimen revealed an indurated tumor with central ulceration located in the fundus.’
- ‘In the case we described, the patient was asymptomatic and with unknown HIV status until he presented with an acute abdomen due to phlegmonous gastritis diagnosed after partial gastrectomy.’
- ‘A gastrectomy with lymph node adenectomy was performed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.