One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment beside a road selling gasoline and oil.
- ‘About the last five or six gas stations in the area are closed down.’
- ‘We went to one of the capital's gas stations, where fuel lines can last hours and sometimes even days.’
- ‘At my suggestion, we drive round the town, asking gas stations and repair shops whether they might happen to need a mechanic.’
- ‘I had to stop at a gas station and get a paper to find out that the power was out in New York and parts of Canada.’
- ‘Paul, who usually works nights at a local gas station, rubbed his red and puffy eyes.’
- ‘There is no statistical data about the number of petrol and gas stations, but it is estimated there are 2500.’
- ‘There are a couple gas stations with convenience stores along Highway 3, and a couple restaurants.’
- ‘Remember that you won't find gas stations out there and that any vehicle is likely to use more fuel across rugged terrain than it would on paved roads.’
- ‘He originally envisioned his engines running on vegetable oil, not the petroleum diesel now sold at gas stations.’
- ‘That's because the pumps are going dry at this gas station, as they have in many other gas stations that still have electricity.’
- ‘The lines are quite long at gas stations here in southern Florida.’
- ‘That, in turn, has slowed oil refining and delivery of fuel to gas stations.’
- ‘Sideways, blinding rain blew in sheets, toppling roadside signs for hotels and gas stations.’
- ‘Many gas stations have modified the pump handle removing the feature that allows the fuel to flow automatically.’
- ‘At eight cents a gallon, that's a savings of $1.20 compared to other gas stations.’
- ‘If your crash site is at a remote location, services provided by gas stations and rest stops will be invaluable.’
- ‘We've also heard some reports that, you know, tempers are flaring at gas stations and that sort of thing.’
- ‘Up ahead, there was an exit for restaurants, gas stations and a hotel.’
- ‘The other day I saw the same car at a gas station and pulled in to greet the owner before he drove away.’
- ‘It would have taken ten whole minutes for one of them to run to the gas station and back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.