A gas-burning appliance consisting of a gas burner made to resemble a log, used in a fireplace to simulate the effect of a burning log.
- ‘Changes in the safety requirements for fireplace dampers were enacted in 1991, but current standards apply only to newly installed gas log fireplaces.’
- ‘This caution is also extended to new wood burners and consumers interested in removing gas log sets from fireplaces.’
- ‘The gas logs blazed as I lounged in my recliner and watched television with the beeper on the table.’
- ‘Gas inserts consist of a gas log set installed into a steel or cast iron heat exchanger and are usually sealed on the front with glass.’
- ‘Some gas log fireplaces are actually wood burning fireplaces with gas logs installed.’
- ‘Even if a fireplace burns gas logs rather than wood, its bricks still need to be cleaned, Paige says.’