One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gas-burning appliance consisting of a gas burner made to resemble a log, used in a fireplace to simulate the effect of a burning log.
- ‘Gas inserts consist of a gas log set installed into a steel or cast iron heat exchanger and are usually sealed on the front with glass.’
- ‘Even if a fireplace burns gas logs rather than wood, its bricks still need to be cleaned, Paige says.’
- ‘The gas logs blazed as I lounged in my recliner and watched television with the beeper on the table.’
- ‘This caution is also extended to new wood burners and consumers interested in removing gas log sets from fireplaces.’
- ‘Some gas log fireplaces are actually wood burning fireplaces with gas logs installed.’
- ‘Changes in the safety requirements for fireplace dampers were enacted in 1991, but current standards apply only to newly installed gas log fireplaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.